Flower

Friday, September 9, 2011

The Sewing Machine

I have been searching for a new job and in the meantime, I taught myself how to sew.

My mom gave me a sewing machine for Christmas 2010 and I just opened it September 8, 2011. Yeeeaaaahhh, pretty bad. It took me FOREVER to figure out how to thread the darn thing, but once I did that, I was ready to go!  I didn't have any problems, except keeping the lines straight. :-/

Singer Curvy:




Many of you know, but, I just got married (July 16, 2011) and we had a Mad Hatter Bridal Shower for me, so since we had some extra crazy fabric from the tablecloths I decided to use that as my "scratch paper."

I started out making squares, and so I have called my creations a pot holder and coasters. :)



Hopefully within the coming days/weeks/months/years, I will be better at sewing, but as of now,I am pretty impressed with myself! 

No comments:

Post a Comment